General Safety Instructions
- Do not use SCRAM products in environments where explosive vapors may exist.
- Follow your employer’s rules to avoid any hazards of wearing SCRAM bracelets when working around machinery or ladders.
- Immediately cut the strap and remove the bracelet if you suspect its battery has leaked. Wash affected area and clothing. Then contact your supervising authority.
- Do not submerge the bracelet under water.
- Clean around and underneath the SCRAM bracelet each day as a part of a shower. Use mild soap, rinse thoroughly, and dry. Inspect the area for skin redness, sores, or bruising. Do not submerge the bracelet under water.
- Breath tubes for SCRAM Remote Breath come sealed in sanitary packages. Do not use a breath tube if not received in a sanitary package. Clean breath tubes periodically with soap and water or in a dishwasher. Obtain new tubes as needed from your supervising authority.
How SCRAM Works
Ankle Bracelet or Breathalyzer?
Using SCRAM CAM
Certain medical conditions may prevent wearing of a SCRAM bracelet. If you have experienced or been diagnosed with any of the following conditions, you should consult a doctor before attempting to wear a
SCRAM CAM, HA, or GPS bracelet:
- Circulation problems
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Leg ulcers
- History of Swelling
- Nickel or other metal allergies
Some side effects may occur when beginning to wear a bracelet even if you have not experienced any of the conditions above. If you experience any of the following conditions, you should immediately contact your supervising authority for further instructions and seek medical attention if needed.
- Open wounds
- Severe irritation or redness
Immediately cut the strap and remove the bracelet if a medical emergency or safety issue occurs. Then contact your supervising authority.
- SCRAM products may not be compatible with medical devices such as pacemakers or other implanted medical devices. Consult with your medical device installer before using a SCRAM product. Technical specifications are available upon request.
- MRI machines and other medical machines produce magnetic fields that may not be compatible with SCRAM products. SCRAM data may become corrupted or lost. Always inform the machine operators of your SCRAM bracelet.
- Medical alert systems may not function or call for help when a SCRAM Base Station is used. Consult your medical alert system provider to determine if the SCRAM Base Station will affect it. Technical specifications are available upon request.
Precautions & Instructions for Installers
- Wear gloves and a facemask when installing bracelets or when handling bracelets that have not been cleaned and disinfected. This will minimize the risk of contracting communicable diseases.
- Do not install SCRAM bracelets too tightly. The wearer should easily be able to insert their fingers between the bracelet and skin in to clean underneath.
- Properly clean and disinfect all SCRAM bracelets before installation using instructions provided on the SCRAMNET Help page.
- Replace CAM and HA batteries as recommended by SCRAMNET or SCRAM Systems customer service. Always use 3V lithium CR2 batteries in SCRAM CAM or HA.
- Do not reuse or attempt to recharge SCRAM CAM or HA batteries.
- Replace SCRAM Base Station and RB batteries when they can no longer hold a charge. Always use replacement batteries provided by SCRAM systems.
- Do not attempt to replace a SCRAM GPS bracelet battery.