Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitoring (SCRAMx) in Pinellas County
The SCRAMx® (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor) — commonly known as SCRAM — ankle bracelet is a tool that helps courts and agencies continuously monitor their alcohol offenders to ensure they’re not drinking. Because SCRAMx continuously monitors offenders – as often as every half-hour around-the-clock – it is a much more effective and reliable alternative to random testing methods or incarceration.
SCRAMx is more than a continuous alcohol monitoring (CAM) product – it is a complete program that provides significant benefits to courts, probation, and other supervising entities – as well as to the offenders themselves.
SCRAMx combines continuous alcohol monitoring (CAM) with house arrest technology in one court-validated device:
- Standalone alcohol monitoring or CAM with home curfew monitoring at the flip of a switch
- Eliminates testing gaps—no ability to miss a test or drink around testing schedules
- Goes where the client goes—no transportation to a testing center
- Studies show CAM is most effective for offenders assessed with alcohol dependence or addiction
- Works well in conjunction with treatment to enforce compliance and better identify when intervention may be needed