Thanksgiving has the highest number of DUI fatalities, as people celebrate with family, friends and alcohol… and then drive home impaired.
Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day. These six weeks can seem more like the “hardcore drunk driver season” than the holiday season. It’s likely your busiest time of the year for protecting your community against hardcore drunk drivers who:
- Drive frequently with a high blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.15 or above; and/or
- Incur repeat DUI arrests; and/or
- Are highly resistant to behavioral change despite previous sanctions, treatment or education
This high-risk group can make the holiday season feel more like the “hardcore drunk driver season” because they:
- Contribute to more than 1,230 deaths and 25,000 injuries nationwide due to alcohol-related traffic accidents
- Cause nearly 70% of these alcohol-related traffic fatalities
- Are more likely to jam your courtrooms, jails and probation offices during the six-week holiday season
- Are a serious risk to public safety, especially while courts are closed for the holidays
But this year, you can prepare for the “hardcore drunk driver season” – and make a difference with your hardcore drunk drivers in the New Year – with SCRAMx because it:
- Monitors offenders 24/7 for alcohol consumption
- Drives unprecedented accountability
- Enforces curfews during peak DUI/DWI hours
- Protects the public and saves lives
- Maximizes constrained resources during a high-volume time (and when many staff people may be on vacation)
- Changes long-term offender behavior in ways that incarceration cannot
- Has monitored 45,000 hardcore drunk drivers over the holidays since 2003, with 8 out of 10 fully compliant!
With the holidays being the most crowded time of the year for your jails, SCRAMx monitors offenders for curfew compliance so they can be home – and sober – with their families instead of behind bars.
Contact us to find out how SCRAMx can help you successfully manage this year’s hardcore drunk driver season.